Between June 9th and July 20th 2015, second phase of the research project “Africans In Asia” was accomplished. We conducted in-depth research among Nigerian students in China. For that purpose, almost 60 interviews were carried out at 16 academic centres in 9 locations: Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Changsha, Wuhan, Nanjing, Suzhou, Shanghai, Tianjin and Beijing. Research, which involved students of different backgrounds, genders, individual or holding membership at student-bodies such as Association of Nigerian Students in China (ANSIC), provided insights into Nigerian student community’s challenges in adaptation to Chinese cultural and organisational patterns. Results of research from Malaysia and China are currently being analysed and will be presented at the Africa-Asia. A New Axis of Knowledge conference in Accra, Ghana, on September 24-26th, 2015.
Special thanks to:
- Mr. Ayodeji Idowu, The President of Association of Nigerian Students in China;
- Mr. Tukur Tingilin, Tianjin University of Technology and Education;
- Mr. Gorodon Tsui, Hong Kong University;
- Dr. Auwal Yusuf Abdullahi, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou;
- Isaah Bello, Tianjin University of Technology and Education;
- Imail Ahmad Babangida, Hunan University, Changsha;
- Mr. Osua Omega, South East University Nanjing;
- Miss Mercy, Suzhou University;
- Miss Maryam, Suzhou University;
- Mr. Adekunle Abiodun, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
and to all local leaders who helped us to organize interviews.
Focus Group Meeting